Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Upcycling clothes!!

We're on a really tight budget this year for clothes. So I've been looking for every idea that I can find to save us money.

Just my luck that this morning I received an email in my inbox directing me to this link on how to make short sleeved shirts into long sleeved shirts! I've put this on my todo list.

I decided to use this as inspiration and lengthen some pants of the kids so that they will last another season.

Here is a pic of DS in his pants

 
Front view

  
Back view

 
Close up front view

 
Close up back view
I'm hoping to do some for DD tonight so watch this space!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Jade, those pants look awesome! I have done this with jeans that have had a hole worn into the knees, by cutting them off and adding a cuff, you can extend the life of the jeans and make very funky shorts.

Anonymous said...

So cool Jade. I'll definitely be looking at this option for Winter.